The Utah Indigent Defense Commission (IDC) protects constitutionally guaranteed liberties through ongoing support for effective indigent defense services throughout the state.
The IDC receives state appropriations to pass through to supplement indigent defense spending by Utah’s local governments to help improve their indigent defense services.
The IDC awards funding to supplement local spending and:
- Assist local governments in providing indigent defense services that meet the Commission’s Core Principles for Indigent Defense Systems, to ensure effective representation of indigent individuals;
- To establish and maintain local indigent defense case management and data collection systems;
- To provide indigent defense services in addition to those currently provided by the System; and
- To provide training and continuing legal education for indigent defense service providers.
IDC GRANT RENEWAL APPLICATION. (For existing grant recipients only)
IDC GRANT APPLICATION. (For new grant requests)
- April 26, 2019. Deadline for all grant renewal applications.
- May 6, 2019. Deadline for all new grant applications.
- May 23, 2019. IDC meeting to consider funding requests.
- June 27, 2019. IDC meeting to finalize grant awards.
- July 1, 2019. FY20 IDC Funding Available.
If you are looking for reimbursement forms for private, contested parental rights termination actions, click here.